Disclaimer: The opinions described in this blog are mine, and in no way reflect those of the Peace Corps.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Running out of time to think of a silly post title!

SWORN IN!

We're officially all volunteers!

And we all also grew mustaches and I ROCKED a Doc Holiday stache. Rocked.

I also gave a speech in French, which was a lot of fun, and apparently pretty funny, so that's nice.

It seems as though most people have a healthy level of absolute panic now that they're leaving stage. We complained about the challanges of living with a Beninese family, being called Yovo, difficulties breathing, but at least we all suffered through that together. Now, we're essentially on our own.

Stage was easy for its controlled social facets. We could be with Americans when we wanted/needed it.

I don't want to sound down. I'm pumped, but my move to post on Monday just got a whole lot more real.

Anyways, I think I'm going to go pay an exorbitant amount of money for steak and mashed potatoes with a really cold beer. My last in Porto Novo.

3 comments:

Juan Armenta said...

Belly up, get your cold beer and preservative and growth hormone free side of cattle!

CD-ROM of Oregon v. Cal(6) on its way to you via next care package from Downey.

Put Glacier to sleep yesterday. Going to Chicago tomorrow and then Pittsburgh to wathc the Steelers eviscerate the Chargers, Sean and Sharon in tow.

Cheers, dude!

Miles said...

The Cal game is gonna make you explode, Erik. What a crazy motherfucking turnout.

Anyways, congrats on becoming a volunteer! I followed in your steps and became an AEI tutor on campus. I am very excited for the job.

Chapeau!

And remember this saying: "Tout ce qui se ressemble s'assemble." useless now, but maybe you can figure out what idiom this translates into :)

sheena said...

Hi there- this is Sheena, one of the former volunteers in Klouekanme. If you don't mind emailing me sometime at vanleuvens@gmail.com that would be great. we'd like to send some photos your way for our neighbors and if you tell us what you like we'd be happy to send something for you too!

Followers