Disclaimer: The opinions described in this blog are mine, and in no way reflect those of the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

green means go, red means hot

Hello.

I am currently in Cotonou. I have some kind of bacteria in my stomach (don't ask me which, I am not a doctor). I was able to use a real shower with hot water for the first time in four months. Oh my science. I've never felt satisfaction like that before.

Next week I will be in Parakou for TEFL's PSW. So that's where I'll be for thanksgiving. I doubt I'll have a turkey, but I'll drink a beer to your good health.

Currently the weather is: hot.
Yesterday was: hot.
Tomorrow will be: rainy and hot.

Not too much to report right now. I am clean, fed, and on my way to being healthy. I'm a lot like a dog after the vet.

Oh! I watched an episode of the Daily Show, and Colbert the other day. One thing I've noticed about my current living situation: I don't really know a lot of what is going on in the world. I was watching those shows, thinking, "I know this should be funny, but I'm not laughing. Who is the boy in a balloon?"

Anyways, hope all is well!

6 comments:

Miles said...

you almost don't even want to know who the boy in the balloon is

what a waste of national news airtime for a not-so-elaborate hoax. It's non-news, it's a non-sequitur to actual news, it's trash.

Want some interesting news? Philips invented an LED lightbulb, that, if every American bought and replaced their regular lightbulbs with, would save enough power to light up 17.4 million homes for a year.

Technology, working towards a (somewhat) greener age.

Miles

Create. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Create. said...

Just caught up on reading your blog! Everything is super interesting. I could share some insight on the America being great queries but I'm pretty sure you might not have time to read comments of that length. Anyways, I'm still thinking about heading out to Europe and making my way down to northern Africa in 2010 if there is anyway we can get in touch directly let me know. who knows maybe I can see ya.


BE WELL. HAVE FUN. LEARN MORE.

-Danny Nogueiras

d.chon said...

it sounds like you are having a good time in this country called benin! Have you been able to eat tacos there? I will hopefully get around to sending you a bottle of tapatio soon. Take care of yourself and don't shit your pants!

Juan Armenta said...

Hey, quick Dixon update. In a shocking loss theo the Kansas city Cheifs, Big Ben went down with a concussion followed by Charlie Btach with a broken wrist. Batch will be out for the season. So, Dixon is now No. 2 but may start Sunday if Big Ben is not ready to go against Baltimore. With the Super Bowl Champs fallingto 6-4 with this shocking loss, Dixon may be in a huge game against the division rival scumbag, murderous, theiving Ravens.

Unknown said...

Yo dude. This is Tom Harrigan. I was the volunteer in Kloukanme before you from 2006-08. I was supposed to be a business volunteer but wound up with the crooks in town and worked with Mr Fagla in Lalo just down the street as a pseudo-health volunteer. So I help forge Charlie and Marianna's post. Too bad those dudes don't respond to my emails. what up with that?

Whats the deal with not going out at night? i've passed out on a zemi twice looking at those damn stars.

you rock and i want to your friend!

me- i live near DC and am back in school pre-med trying to get ready for the MCATs.

i miss mr fagla dearly. you need to get to Lalo and hang out. Practice some voodoo. I had quite the street cred there and you could too. just buy the booze and you'll be just fine. 500francs a litre!

hit me up! thomasharrigan@gmail.com send me your phone number if you got one and i'll call.

Followers